A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, January 18, 2016

A Fisher of Men And Fish (kinda)

Here's our favorite picture that Elder Eastman has sent thus far.  It's not a fun p-day picture, and that's what we love about it.  It's our missionary son doing God's work and getting his shoes dirty.  





Hey dad!  
I'm doing really good.  We just got done with a really cool district activity. We went to this cool river, did some fishing in a little man-made lake with a bunch of fish in it.  Even in a small pool of water specifically made for easy fishing, I still didnt catch anything.  It was a bit frustrating.  They just kept eating the bate without getting hooked.  
That's awesome that you were able to have some good experiences in church this sunday.  I should start thinking like that more during the sacrament.  I really like that idea.  It's exactly what the sacrament represents.  I know Jesus is real too.  I'm reading the Bible more now and I love learning more about what Jesus did and taught.  I love the way that he deals with the opposition or someone trying to get him to mess up, like the story in Matthew 21: 23-27.  Jesus really did set a good example of how we need to live our lives.  
Haha, well I'm excited to see your good skills when I get back.  
I love you too.

Elder Eastman

Hello mother.  
It sure was pretty cool to be able to baptize Angie.  She's doing pretty good in the church right now.  I think they're just kinda like high school dating right now.  She might even have to move to Quito soon to work there.  Literaly all the people that we have baptised (Elder Hall and I) are going to move away soon.  Christian Velasco is going to Quito to work and he is leaving this week, Luis Bravo is going to Quito at the end of this month to live with his mom, Joselyn is going to live in Santo Domingo with her mom and they are leaving at the end of this month too, now Angie might be going too.  So itll be hard to not be able to stay in contact very much.  We are hoping and praying that they just keep going to church where ever they are going to be.
The new apartment is really good.  It's never really hot inside, it's pretty big, it has two bathrooms and a good kitchen.  There's also less ants and robbers. (haha) So it's a nice house.  
I have also been suffering a bit with that sickness.  I have been having a cough, sore throat, runny nose and stuff like that.  I'm alot better now though.  Alot of other people are having that stuff here too.  Maybe it's like a world wide sickness that's going around now.  
On sunday the other missionaries and I got to give talks in sacrament meeting again.  It was the third talk that I have given in this ward.  Here, they have the missionaries talk once a month.  This time I just talked about missionary work.  I used a bit of the talk by Elder Anderson called Its a Miracle, from may of 2013.  The talk went well.  I just went a bit to long and ended up talking for 20 minutes.  
Well I think that's about it from now!  I sure do love you mom and other family!

Elderito Eastman







No comments:

Post a Comment