A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, January 25, 2016

Jesus Christ, Apostles, and The Holy Ghost

Hello, 

Well so far I havent recieved an email from you mom.  Maybe you havent sent one or there is just a delay in me recieving it.  But either way it's no big deal.  (I DID.  Not sure why he didn't get it.)
So this week was a pretty normal week.  Not much happend.  So this email could be a bit on the short side.  Something cool that did happen was that we missionaries and all the missionaries in the world got to watch a world wide conference where a few apostles and other general authorities talked to us.  The theme was "we teach repentence and baptise converts".  One thing that I really liked was that if we dont know exactly what we could say, we can always just testify about Jesus Christ and his atonement.  Testifying about Him is always good and always invites the Spirit.  So that conference was super cool and I learned alot. 
Some exciting news is that on febuary 13 our whole mission will be meeting in Quito to listen to a special visitor named Elder Jeffery R. Holland.  I'm super excited for that day to come.  
So yeah, everything is good here in La Concordia.  My health is doing pretty good besides a cough that I have.  I have recently started to exercise more which is helping me feel good.  
That's it for now!  I love you mom and family!

Elder Eastman



Hello dad, that's a really cool experience that you had.  It's cool how the Holy Ghost can help us with what ever thing that we could get better at, big things or really small things. It can even help us recognize a tiny little ajustment we can make in our lives to be even happier.  Being on the mission I have been able to learn alot about the blessings of repentance.  I'm also very grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ.  I know that Christ is the only one who can really help us overcome the effects of sin.  The atonement is what rises us back up from the fall.
I also have a bit of a cough right now.  It has been raining alot lately, which I think is what is causing the sickness here.  We are in the season called "el niño".  There is also a bunch of mosquitos now.  I need to put on repelent more often because I have been getting bit alot.  
I love you too

Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment