A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, February 1, 2016

Fe de Febrero y Milagro de Marzo

Hey dad, I'm doing super good.  Yep I am pretty warm here.  My shirt gets soaking wet from sweat sometimes when we are walking outside in the sun.  When I'm sitting down in someones house I can feel big drops of sweat running down my chest.  But I'm pretty much used to all that now.  It's just normal.  Have you guys gone skiing at all this winter? If you do go soon you should go to Sundance because my companion's dad is the manager of that place.  
Haha that's a good question.  I dont know why a parent would bring toys to church for their kids.  When I'm a parent of small children I wont let my kids have those things in church.  They'll be the most reverent kids in the ward.  
This sunday, for the fifth sunday of the month we were all together the third hour and we watch some videos of some general authorities talking about reverence in the church meetings.  It was a really good thing to do but I was also getting a bit annoyed with the people right behind us that were talking the whole time.  It seems like irreverence is an issue everywhere that is difficult to fix.  The church will continue to be the true church no matter what the members do though.  We just have to remember that the church is like a hospital, a place for sick people, and we all have our kind of sickness.  
Well I love you too!  I hope everything is going well for you too!

Elder Eastman

Hey mom!
So this week was a pretty normal but really good week.  Our zone leaders recently challenged us to start teaching the Book of Mormon to new investigators before teaching anything else.  I was first sceptical about it but Elder Hall and I put it into practice and it has worked pretty well.  The Book of Mormon really is the key to our conversion and the keystone of this church.  If the people can undertand the importance of the Book of Mormon right off the bat it'll help them to gain a testimony even quicker.  
The months of february and march in our mission we are doing something that's called "Fe de Febrero" and "Milagro de Marzo" (faith of february and miracle of march).  During these months there are a few things that our president has asked us to focus on.  We have to read the book of mormon and mark every time the word "remember" comes up, we have to focus on studying a Christ-like atribute and work on developing that atribute, get rid of any disobidience, we will be doing a fast on a specific day as a mission, and study and grow our testimonies on the Atonment of Jesus Christ.  I'm pretty excited for these next two months.  They will help me grow my testimony on the Book of Mormon and on the Atonement, and I know that I will be able to see some miracles occur here in the work of the Lord.  
Well that's about all the news that I have for this week.  I'm sorry I still dont have any new pictures.  I havent taken any for a while.  I'll get on that though for next week.  
I love you too mom! and family!

Elder Eastman

Here is a cool scripture that I recently found.  I hope it's the same in english as it is in spanish.  2 Nephi 12:16 (the cool thing is in the footnote 16a).  Just ask yourselves, how could Joseph Smith make up the Book of Mormon and put this verse in the book if he was just a poor farm boy with little education?  The fact is that he really couldnt have been able to do that by him self. It would only be possible through the power of God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment