A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, March 23, 2015

Manantial and A Latino Comp

Hello!
This past week was pretty good.  On friday i got to go on divisions with my father (trainer) Elder Peters.  So that was super awesome.  We had a new investigator named Vilma come to church on sunday.  I think she liked it.  Except she said she was a bit confused about a few things at the end.  So hopefully a few things can be cleared up.  And then Sunday night we got the news about the changes (transfers).  I got moved out of Guamaní and put into a place pretty much right next to it (to the south) called Manantial.  Except im in a different zone now.  So far i really like it here.  It's pretty different from Guamani.  My new companion is named Elder Cáceres.  And he's a latino!  So that's my first latino companion.  I'm excited to learn a lot of spanish.  Elder Cáceres is from Argentina.  Which means his accent is really hard to understand sometimes.  So i'll be getting better at that too.  He has about 20 months in the mission.  So he'll probably finish his mission in this sector with me.  He seems like a really good missionary so far.  Also we are both brand new in this sector.  So we are going to have to figure out where everything is and all that stuff together.  That'll be interesting!  But i'm pretty excited for these next few changes here.  I think we'll have some really good success here.  
Yeah there were a few teenagers in my old ward.  I dont know yet in my new ward.  
Haha that's funny about ticket to ride and the rainbows!  That was a good game even though i was terrible at it.  
Well that's pretty much it for now!  I'll get some pics of my new sector and companion this week.  

Elder Eastman


Hello Dad!

Im doing great!  Yes i was still there when they were digging up the back yard.  That's cool that it's getting done.  Could you send me a pic when it's all done?  Yeah im sure they have that movie in spanish (Meet the Mormons).  We havnt watched it though.  That's sweet that you got the iPhone 6 plus.  I saw a lady that had one a while ago.  She was from Australia.  It was super huge.  But you're right I dont care about smartphones (celulares inteligentes) right now.  I think the word smartphone is funny in spanish.  Actually i do have a phone now because we just had transfers today and i am now companions with a district leader.  Only the leaders in the mission have phones.  But they are really dumb phones.  Thanks for the talks and scriptures!  I'll definitely read and study them.  
¡Te quiero también! 
Elder Eastman  

No comments:

Post a Comment