A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, May 18, 2015

Good Hopes For Families

Hello Mother!
 
Oh that's very nice that you guys wrote that letter.  Dont forget to translate it :)  Also very cool about those mission calls.  Do know when they and also Ryan Dowdle leave?  
Well this week wasnt super exciting, although i did get pretty sick again.  Diareaha (dont know how to spell that) and throwing up.  But I'm better now.  Also we have been trying hard lately to find some new investigators.  And we were able to find a new family.  But they werent able to come to church this week because one of the 12 year old daughters was getting baptised in their other church.  So im not really sure what's going to happen with them.  However our good family of investigators, the Pasmiño family, came to church again this week.  And this time it was all on their own and they even got there a little early.  So we have some good hopes for them.  
I saw the hand of the Lord this week in our contacting.  We came across a family of old investigators from some old missionaries, and they seemed pretty opened to listening to us again.  So that could have been the hand of the Lord guiding us to that house.  We werent able to teach them this week because I think the mom had to go to the hospital.  
Well I definitely think that the mission has strengthend my testimony alot.  Especially in the basic things.  I know better now that God is our Heavenly Father and loves us very much.  And that He always wants the best for us and always wants to give us His blessings.  I also know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, called by God.  I know the Book of Mormon is true and can help us in our lives more than anything else.  
Well i hope everyone is doing alright and that you have a good week!  

Happy Birthday Grandpa Eastman!!
 
Elder Eastman


Hey Dad!  Im doing good!  Well I guess it's a good thing that it has been raining alot there.  It has been raining less lately over here.  I think we are officially in summer now which means it wont rain very much at all.  I really like that passage from the Bible Dictionary (on prayer).  I'll try to get better at praying too.  Sometimes it's hard not to just do routine prayers or say the same things every time.  
I love you too!

Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment