A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, July 13, 2015

Katharine's Baptism

Hello mother!

Baños is definitely a super cool place.  If we every come back down here as a family we'll need to go to Baños. 

Lessons this week were pretty normal.  A good amount of the Restoration, Plan of Salvation,  Gosple of Jesus Christ. We also taught about the Priesthood, Temples, family history work, and stuff like that.  Most of the contacts that we do are just talking to people in the street.  A few people seemed promising but there still wasnt a whole lot of success with them.  

Yep, Katharine got baptised on saturday.  It was pretty awesome.  She was really excited about it.  My companion did the baptising.  The Spirit was definitely there, and she was really happy after it.  I'll send some pictures.  

Yes Im feeling healthy and eating alright.  
We had a member lady that did our laundry but she recently moved.  So today we did our laundry at a laundry mat.  
Yep my companion and I get along very well.  
Nope I havnt gotten any mail.  But I think it's just because the mission office hasnt sent us anything for a long time.  They're supposed to send us pamflets and Book of Mormons and stuff like that along with all our letters and packages.  But our zone hasnt gotten any of that in a while.  So hopefully we'll get that stuff soon.  

Well I think that's just about it!  I hope everyone has a good week!

Elder Eastman

Hey Dad,  that's pretty exciting that the ward got split.  Do you guys still have some friends in the new ward?  And do you still have a few of the kids that you were teaching in your class?

I'm doing really good.  We have a ward here in Ambato.  And it's a good ward.  The Bishop is really good and so is our ward mission leader.  Our ward mission leader is a recent convert too.  He's been a member for just 10 months.  But he's really cool and does a really good job.  That's an interesting idea.  (going on HT splits with the members)  And a good one too.  I'll talk with the other elders about it.  

The food here is good, but pretty much the same.  Although there are alot of good restaurants here in my area.  There's even a Subway here.  

Yes I'm normaly happy.  When citas fall and there isnt anything to do it's easy to get a bit down.  Or just when somebody says that theyll do somthing like come to church but then they dont.  Stuff like that could get me a bit down.  
My district is super cool.  The zone leaders are part of my district too.  All good people.  

I love you too!

Elder Eastman




No comments:

Post a Comment