A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, July 27, 2015

Feliz Cumpleaños, Elder Eastman!

Hey Dad!  Things are going really good.  The Spanish is going pretty good.  Some new words that I have recently learned include, ira, which means wrath and envejecer, which pretty much means to get old.  I'm sure there are more words but I cant think of any more specific ones.  Contacting in the streets is a bit difficult for me.  Alot of people dont want to stop to listen to us.  Most people do stop but it's always uncomfortable for me to try and get them to stop.  I like contacting doors more.  But it's always good to do a bit of both and get good at both.  
That's pretty sweet that you got to help clean the temple.  I also really like those scriptures in Romans 6.  It's always really interesting to think about the consept of the law, the mercy and the justice.  It really gives more meaning or purpose to the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I also really like verses 22 and 23 because only through Him and His Atonement can we recieve Eternal Life.  Thanks for sharing those scriptures with me!  I'm going to study them a bit more in the coming days.  
Well I love you too and hope you have a great week!

Elder Eastman


Mom, 
Well it's just about time for me to get off the computer.  I havnt gotten an email from you yet.  I'm sure you've already sent me one but i just havent gotten it for some reason.  But I'll just say that this past week was a pretty good week.  We were able to find quite a few good investigators.  Unfortunately none of them were able to come to church.  But we'll see what happens with them this week.  We got our changes yesterday but Elder Aguirre and I are both staying here.  My birthday on saturday was wonderful.  The other missionaries in my district came over to my house in the morning to throw me a little party.  I also opened up the package you sent me.  Thank you very very much for it!  I liked it alot.  A nice member lady also made me a very delicious chocolate cake.  So it was a good birthday.   
Well I gotta go!  I hope everyone has a great week! 

Elder Eastman

(I got set apart on Sunday afternoon as the relief society president of a newly realigned ward.  I had a lot on my plate Monday morning.  I went to the computer to write Josh, but I must have gotten distracted.  I let my stresses of the day make me forget about my son, and I feel horrible about that.  I didn't think about him again until Matt came home from work  at 5:00 and asked if I had read Josh's emails that had just come through.  I ran up to the computer and sent off a quick email asking him if he was still there at the computer.  I was ten minutes too late.  Man, I felt horrible.  I went ahead and wrote him a nice email and apologized for my epic fail.  Never again will I allow that to happen.  That was my first and last missed email!)

No comments:

Post a Comment