A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, August 3, 2015

"Just Follow It and Do It Quickly"

Hey Mom!  Dont worry about last week.  It's no big deal.  Thanks for those points from Elder Ballards talk (on living a balanced life because that is what I, Kim, studied this week)!  I really like them.  
Wow that's crazy that Jeremy (from Top Gear) got fired!  But that's good that theyre making a new show.  
Teaching this week with new investigators was pretty good!  We were blessed this week with a few new investigators that could progress.  The best news for this week is about a family that we recently found named the Familia Toapanta.  This family consists of a husband named Luis, the wife named Gabriela, and two young children, a boy and a girl.  Luis and Gabriela have been having a few relationship problems, but they have told us of the desires that they have to get better.  This sunday they came to church for the first time.  They said they really liked it.  It always makes me happy to have investigators in church.  It's even more special when it's their first time though.  After church we visited them with a recent convert family named the Familia Arcos.  The dad from that family is also our ward mission leader.  We talked about the importance of the family and also about Temples.  The lesson went really well and the F. Toapanta is excited to be able to recieve the blessing that come from the Temples.  So the F. Toapanta is a super wonderful family.  I'm really glad that we found them.  
God has blessed me recently by helping me stay more diligent.  Also by helping my companion be diligent (which then helps me more to be even more diligent).  
Well I gotta go now!  I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Elder Eastman


Hello Father!  I'm doing really good.  No we dont normaly get time for naps.  Exept on p-day if we have some extra time.  But there normally isnt any extra time.  I would definitely love to have a bit of nap time every day right after lunch.  Because during that time i'm super tired and feel like i dont have any energy.  But nope we have to get to work.  Yeah there are a few senior couple missionaries.  But they're all in the offices in Quito.  So we dont get much contact with them.  
Oh wow that's crazy about the Boy Scouts.  Why would they do something like that?  That's a bit sad too that Boy Scouts might not be in the Church any more.  
I dont really know exactly what they do here but I'm pretty sure they're doing Duty to God.  
I talked about that idea (going on home teaching visits with members) with my companion but we are still working on getting it going.  
Lately I've been really focusing my studies in the Book of Mormon.  I'm trying to read the whole Book of Mormon all the way through in Spanish now.  Right now I'm in Alma 13.  I've been really enjoying just getting to know the people and stories better.  I especially liked the part ( in Alma 8) when Alma the younger left the city of Ammonihah (i dont know how to spell it in english) after being rejected, but then an angel comes to him and tells him to go back to the city.  Then it says that Alma speedely retured to the city.  He then finds Amulek (his future preaching companion).  I like how Alma didnt hesitate to go back.  Or complain about going back to the city that just rejected him.  He just did what the angel told him to do and did it quickly.  So I think that's what we need to do when we get Spiritual impressions.  Just follow it and do it quickly.  It can be hard sometimes but it'll be worth it.  Just like how Alma found Amulek becuase he decided to follow the command he got.  So that's a bit about what I've been studying.  
I love you too!

Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment