A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, August 31, 2015

Half Way Point...Just A Normal Day

Hi Dad!  Im doing really good.  We dont really have a name for it here.  It's just the one year mark.  It was a just a normal day for me.  I didnt do anything special.  The time has definitely gone by super fast.  It's crazy that it's already half way over.  I do feel good about my work so far, but I would definitely want this next year to be even better.  
Yay! Good job for practicing more spanish.  I do feel pretty comfortable with spanish now.  But there's still alot of progress I can make.  Yeah I think I do remember a few segments of dreams that have been in spanish.  
I love you too!

Elder Eastman

Hello Mother!  Yay thanks for the envelope!  I havnt had them (his suits) dry cleaned yet.  But maybe I will soon.  My cleaning habits are pretty good.  Our house is normaly pretty clean.  I could probably get better at washing the dishes right after I use them.  Sometimes they stay in the sink for a little while.
The Familia Durán is doing better in their relationship.  But we havnt been able to visit them this week becuase they havnt been home or answering their phone.  They didnt come to church this week either.  It's been a while since they have come to church.  Hopefully theyll start progressing again.  We have been really trying to figure out what we could do to help them progress more.  It hasnt been a very easy process working with them.  But we are going to keep trying.  
We have also been working with a single mom named Anna Belen.  She was a reference from a less active lady who is coming back to church.  Unfortunatly she hasnt come to church yet after two weeks or working with her.  
Right now we are really trying to get more investigators.  On Sunday we got quite a few good references.  So hopefully this next week I'll be able to tell you guys about some new investigators.  
I think one of the best parts of being a missionary this week was just being able to study the scriptures every morning.  Like I have said, I've been focusing on the Book of Mormon lately.  I have really been enjoying reading it.  Right now i'm reading about the wars with Captain Moroni between the Nephites and the Lamanites.  It's been really great reading them and applying those things in our lives.  Like with what Moroni does to protect his people from his enemies.  
My spanish is progressing pretty well.  It's kind of hard though to keep progressing.  Sometimes I just feel alright with what I already have and I dont want to study very much more.  But I know it can progress alot more.  So i'm going to keep working on it.  
Lately I have been trying to help the people we teach really understand the things we teach.  So I have also been studying that in Preach my Gospel lately.  It's really important that the people actually understand the message.  Sometimes we just want to spill all of our knowledge onto them all at once.  But we really just need to take it easy and help them more with the basic things of the gospel, like what they need to do and why.  Then when they understand those things they are more likely to progress more.  
Yep I did get that super cool sound card.  I think I did get some cards from Grandparents too.  
Well thats just about it for now!  Have a great week everyone!

Elder Eastman

We went bowling today as a district!




No comments:

Post a Comment