A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, September 7, 2015

New Comp From Peru

Hello my Mother!  I sure am doing good here in Ambato!  Today I got a new companion named Elder Chavez.  He's from Peru and has 4 and a half months in the mission.  He's a cool guy.  I'll send you a picture of me and him.  Elder Aguirre went to a place called El Carmen.  It's on the coast.  
Yeah the F. Durán has been having marital problems.  It's a rollercoaster with them.  Some days they seem super happy without fighting, but then the next day they're yelling at each other and thinking about separating.  It's tough with them.  And they havnt come to church for about a month.  We're not really sure what else we can do to try and help them.  The Gosple is the best thing that we have to help people, but if they dont want to live it then there's not much more we can do.  So we'll see what happens with them.  Anna Belen hasnt come to church yet.  We havnt been able to visit her for a while either.  She keeps saying she is out of town.  We havnt been able to teach the majority of the references we have gotten, due to problems with not being home and problems in the family (like the death of a daughter).  Hopefully we will be able to teach them soon.  We were about to teach one girl named Araseli though.  She came to church two weeks ago by invitation from a friend.  Although she didnt come to church this week.  But she seems like a pretty good investigator.  Her parents dont want to investigate though.  
I already got the retainer put back it.  It was cemented down on every tooth it covers, which is kind of annoying, but it shouldnt be coming out again.  
Well I think that is it for now!
I sure do love you too mom!

Elder Eastman

This is me and my companion.  Also me and a member mixing cement on a roof.



Hey Dad!  I'm doing really good.  I cant really remember much of the holidays here.  But I do remember Carnival (where everyone throughs water and eggs at each other).  I really dont like that holiday very much.  Christmas and Easter are here too.  Halloween isnt.  Day of the Dead is just a day for remembering the people who have died in your family.  They eat the favorite food of those people and visit their grave sites.  Also dressing up and going crazy.  I learned that from Elder Aguirre.
For some reason I have been hearing alot more opposition about Joseph Smith than I ever have before.  We contacted one guy last week who just wanted to fight with us about that stuff, trying to prove us wrong.  But we just tried to say stuff like that, well we do know that he was a prophet of God, ect.  
I have been getting to like more foods here too.  Like tomatoes and onions.   Well I still dont love those things but I'm ok with eating them.  People use them alot here in their food.  
Today we had changes.  Elder Aguirre left and I got a new companion named Elder Chavez.  He's from Peru and a pretty cool guy!  He has 4 and half months in the mission.  
Fruit juices are really common here, and really good.  And it's pretty much just that or soda to drink here.  
Well I love you too!  

Elder Eastman
PS: Ok ;)

Elder Aguirre and I made this Ecuador themed jello.  



Us missionaries and our ward mission leader named Hno. Arcos. 





No comments:

Post a Comment