A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, September 14, 2015

Shouting From the Rooftops and An Ecuadorian Delicacy

Hey Mom,  I'm a bit sick today but it's ok.  I just have a runny nose and a headache.  Elder Chavez has been good this week.  He has a really good desire to have success and to fulfill his responsibility as a missionary.  He is also obedient.  He's a convert and has been in the Church for 7 years.  He doesnt really speak any english right now.  
Well the Jello was for the last district meeting of the change, also the last one for an elder in the mission (he finished his mission).  So we just thought it would be cool to make something for that.  Someone else bought that cake.  We bought the jello here.  We had to buy flavorless jello and blue food coloring to make the blue jello.  They dont sell blue jello here.  We also bought coconut flavoring stuff for the blue jello.  That part tasted gross but the rest of it was good.  
Lately I have been learning how to be more patient.  Alot of our investigators that we have right now just dont want to progress.  And it's been hard to find new investigators.  So I'm trying to be patient and keep being obedient and working hard.  I know that God will always bless us with the things we need if we just do our part.  I also know that we have weaknesses so that we become more humble and more dependent on the Lord.  I know that God helps us make our weaknesses into strengths if we search for his help.  I know the Book of Mormon is true and helps us grow closer to God than any other book ever writen.  I'm not really sure what I would shout from the rooftops.  Maybe something like "Stop folowing the false traditions of your fathers and just listen to us!"  If everyone did that here just about all of Ecuador would get baptised.  
So yesterday I got to eat Guinea Pig for the first time.  It was an interesting flavor but still pretty good.  It was served with potatoes with sauce on them.  It was a bit dificult to eat and very messy.  My piece had a little foot on it.  I'm glad I finaly got to eat some Ecuadorian Guinea Pig.  
I love you too Mom!

Elder Eastman



Hello Dad.  I'm doing pretty good.  I'm a bit sick right now with a runny nose and a headache, but it's no big deal.  I do think that things are going well here.  Mainly because I have been really focusing on reading the Book of Mormon lately.  I'm always excited to read more every morning and I feel happy while I read it.  I just got to 3 Nephi 11 where Jesus Chirst comes to the Americas.  I'm really excited to read and study the ministry of Jesus Christ here in the Americas.  Feeling this happiness while reading the Book of Mormon makes me more excited to share with with other people.  It's still hard sometimes to not get discouraged when things arent going very well with the people we teach but I know that we just need to keep doing our part, like you said, and keep being obedient.  If we do this the Lord will always do His part.
Well I hope you have a great day too!  I love you too!

Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment