A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, September 21, 2015

Sabbath Day Testimony

Hello my Mother,  I'm doing better now.  I'm pretty much over the sickness.  My stomach was alright after the Guinea Pig.  Nothing too major happened.  Well some events that happened this week are:  We had a zone conference on saturday with our mission president.  That was super good and very motivating.  We dont really get much time with president so it's always wonderful to talk to him and listen to him.  We talked a bit about the volcano issues that are happening right now and what we would do in case of an explosion.  Right now Cotopaxi isnt doing much. Just some smoke and stuff.  We also talked alot about obedience.  Mostly just going over what it says in the missionary manual.  Then right after that and on sunday as well we had our stake conference.  Which was also really good.  I think we should be having the invterviews with president in the next couple months because it's been awhile since we have had them.  Yep I email him every week.  
Thanks for those scriptures!  I really like them.  
Well lately we have been learning alot about the Sabbath Day and why we have it.  It's been really good to learn more about it and learning how to help investigators and other people understand it.  Alot of people we are working with havent been coming to church lately.  So this will be really good to apply to these people.  It's alot easier now for me to see the importance of the Sabbath Day.  It's probably one of the most important things we can do in our lives.  Something interesting that i learned was that we dont really need to have a list of the things that we should and shouldnt do on the Sabbath Day, we just need to think, what sign do I want to show God by doing or not doing this thing? And then it becomes easier to know the things that we should and shouldnt do.  
Well that's it for this week!  I love you mom!  And everyone else!

Elder Eastman


Hey Dad!  Sounds like a pretty good week!  Yes we can watch and use Bible videos.  This was a pretty normal week except for the zone conference and stake conference we had on saturday and sunday.  Which were really good conferences.  I love listening and being with my mission president.  He's super wonderful.  A normal day would go as the following: Wake up at 6:30, write in my journal for the last day (i find it easier to do in the morning because at night I just want to get to bed), then make breakfast, then shower and get ready for the day.  Then at 8:00 am we start our personal studies, 9 is companionship studies, 10 is language study, then normaly at 11 we start the proselyting, 1:00 pm is lunch, then from 2 pm to 6 is proselyting, 6 to 7 is dinner, then 7 to 9 or 9:30 pm is more working.  9:30 to 10 is planning for the next day, then I go to bed.  That's a normal day for me!  
I love you too! 

Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment