A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, September 28, 2015

Staying Positive

Hi Mom!  Yep it was seen here too. (the blood red lunar eclipse)  But I didnt see it because it was a bit cloudy and I was sleeping later on in the night.  
My week was pretty good.  The investigators arent all that great though.  Nobody came to church this sunday.  So none of them are progressing as of now.  I feel like we did all that we could do make sure they come to church.  But I guess people always have their agency.  It's a bit frustrating but I guess there's not much more we can do than just try our best with the help the Lord gives us.  The teaching is going good.  Elder Chavez and I are trying to do more practices in our companionship study to get better with our teaching skills.  It's really not hard to just give people the information, but it is hard alot of the time to make sure that people actually understand what all of this information means.  So that's what I'm always trying to get better at.  
Yesterday us 6 missionaries did what dad suggested we should do a little while ago, which is leave with members and go do some visits with them.  So for like 2 hours in the afternoon we all spit up into small groups and went and visited some people.  Not a whole lot of members showed up but it was still pretty successful.  
That's cool that you got to feed the missionaries on Saturday.  Sometimes I kind of wish that someone would feed me italian drip beef sandwiches.  But it's all good.  I like my rice and chicken, and am also grateful for the people that feed us.  
I'm also super duper excited for General Conference.  It's pretty much my favorite time of the year now.  It's crazy that this is my third General Conference in the mission.  Only one more after this.  Time goes by so fast.  I wish I could sing in it again.  That was just incredible to be able to do.  
Well I just got a call that I have to go to Quito tomorrow morning to renew my visa.  So that'll be fun.  
Well I love you too mom!  And everyone else!  

Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment