A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, October 5, 2015

Love His Work

Hey Mom!  Your elder is doing great!  I got to watch conference in english.  I really liked it and I learned alot from it.  I'm excited to download a bunch of the talks and listen to them again.  I like listening to talks in the morning and night time.  I was also worried about Pres. Monson and was also praying for him.  Oh boy, Chelsea's got a boyfriend!! WOW.  What's Spencer's last name?  
My trip to Quito was good.  It was pretty much a whole day of traveling though.  I really enjoyed being in Quito again.  Yep the Visa is all good and renewed.  
Well today I finished to Book of Mormon.  I really enjoyed reading it all the way through again.  There is so many good stories and things that we can learn and apply in our lives.  I definitely know it's true. I might just start reading it over again.  Or maybe I'll go to a different book.  
Well I'm sorry that this weeks email is a bit short.  My mind isnt coming up with anything else today.  I'm a bit tired right now.  Also our computer time was recently shortened to an hour and a half.  
I love you mom!  

Elder Eastman


Hi Dad!  I'm doing really good.  Don't worry about not writing last week.  It's all good.  I got to watch conference in english.  We just did some mini divisions with our companions.  I really really enjoyed conference.  There was also alot of talks that helped me.  I especially liked the very first talk by Elder Uchtdorf about making the Gosple more complicated than it needs to be.  Except for me I applied it to making missionary work more complicated than it needs to be.  Elder Uchtdorf said that we just need to love God and the rest of the obedience will come because of loving God.  So I think now that I have been trying to do missionary work without really understanding the most important part.  Just loving it.  So now I'm trying to just step back alittle and just love doing missionary work.  The rest of my obedience to the rules will become easier and I will be happier if I just love God and love His work.  
I love you too! 

Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment