A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

From 8000 Feet to 1100 Feet: Welcome to La Concordia!

Hey Mom, I'm doing all right.  Yep the boy Jairo Reyes got baptised on friday.  He was excited.  His grandpa did the ordinance.  It was a really nice baptismal service and alot of people showed up.  One of the highlights of this week is that today I got transfered to a place called La Concordia.  It's part of the coast.  So no more cool mountain views for me.  There's no beach either.  Our mission doesnt reach that far.  But here it's pretty much at sea level.  That also means that it's unbelievably hot here.  I'm sweating alot right now and feeling pretty terrible.  I think I should drink more water now.  I'm now with Elder Caballero.  He's from Colombia and has about 6 months in the mission.  I'm pretty excited to be able to work here.  I just hope that I get used to the heat soon.  
Recently President Christensen challenged us to do the challege of "ponderizing" a scripture every week.  So for this week I'm going to ponderize D&C 6: 34 - 37.  You guys can read that if you want.  Sorry I dont have any pictures this week.  I left my camera in the house.  No I cant really think of anything else right now (for me to send him for Christmas).  What ever you think of will be wonderful.  Well that's it for now!   I love you too mom!

Elder Eastman


Hey Dad.  That's cool that you're trying to get up at 5 now.  It's still not very easy for me getting up at 6:30.  Dont worry, I am getting up on time everyday, I'm just really tired when I first get up.  That's super awesome that you got to go to those places.  I'm sure it was super fun.  Well today I got transfered out of Ambato.  Also out of the Ecuadorian mountains.  I'm now in the coast in a place called La Concordia.  It's not real coast with beach but it's pretty much at sea level and there's no mountains around here.  It's also really really really hot here.  I think I need to drink more water because I feel pretty terrible right now.  I'm now with Elder Caballero.  He's from Colombia and has about 6 months in the mission.  He seems like a pretty cool guy and a good missionary.  
Well I love you too!
Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment