A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, October 26, 2015

Settling Into La Concordia

Hello Mom!  

My first week here was pretty good.  It's alot different here than the other sectors that I have had.  First it's still super hot, and I'm still not really used to it.  The people also have a different accent here.  They talk fast and dont pronounce the letter "s" is certain parts of words.  The people are also really friendly here.  The food is better here too.  The apartment is nice.  I dont really like all the ants and spiders that are in it though.  My companion is super cool and funny.  He teaches well and is an overall good missionary.  We are entering in the rainy season now.  So I think it's going to rain alot here.  Yes I am feeling better now.  I think it was just the bus and the heat.  

Time has definitely gone by super fast.  It is a bit crazy that I was doing all of that a whole year ago.  I havent eaten that bread here yet. (referring back to guagua from last October)  But I drank the traditional drink during this time called Colada Morada.  It's just a hot drink with a bunch of fruit in it.  I dont like hot fruit so I dont really like this drink.  Well I gotta go now!  

I love you too mom!
Elder Eastman


Hey Father!  

I'm doing good.  Alot better than I was last monday!  I am feeling better now and drinking more water.  Nope I'm not wearing any of that anymore! (sweaters and long sleeves)  But I wish I could wear shorts and no tie. 

Traveling here was pretty cool.  Going down through the mountains was super awesome.  The mountains are super pretty.  And as you go down you can feel it getting hotter and hotter and more and more humid.  I first had to go to a city called Santo Domingo.  I think from Ambato to there it took about 4 hours.  Then I had to take another bus from Santo Domingo to my sector La Concordia.  That's about another hour away.  It's pretty dificult to travel in busses with the 3 heavy bags that I have.  But yeah, that was my traveling adventure.  I'll send some pics in the email to mom of my sector.  

I love you too!
Elder Eastman






No comments:

Post a Comment