A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, July 6, 2015

Baños

Hello mi mamá!  
Yep that's true!  People are going pretty crazy about the Pope being here.  Im sure it's much worse in Quito though.  There is a bunch of advertisments everywhere with his face on them.  Ecuador is a very Catholic country.  But there is a pretty good amount of people who are still open.  But also alot of people who are very closed off. 

Wow 500 people is a lot! (almost the number we have attending sacrament meeting)  My ward here is pretty normal and has around 170 people attending.  But I guess you guys do live in Utah so that's understandable. 
 
Teaching this week was pretty good!  Me and two other elders taught the Priesthood class this sunday.  We talked about home teaching and why we really need to do it.  People in my ward arent really doing it very much so that's why we talked about it.  So I learned a bit about the importance of always doing our home / visiting teaching.  We should really do it out of love for the other people in our ward and not to just say that we did it.  And that it can really help the ward / church be stronger if everyone does there part.  And things like that.  The lesson went really well too and I hope that the members are going to start doing it more now.  

Today we went to a place called Baños as a zone.  Baños is a super cool place with a bunch of trees and rivers and waterfalls and stuff like that.  We took a little tour bus thing down a road and stopped by a few of the really cool things.  It was super awesome.  I took a bunch of pictures.

Well that's just about it!  I hope everyone has a good week!

Elder Eastman



Hi Father!

I'm doing super good!  That's pretty awesome that some deer came into the backyard!  That sounds like a super fun 4th of July!  Ecuador as a whole doesnt really have an Independence Day.  Just Independence days of the cities.  I dont know why it's like that.  But the Independence Day of Ambato is November 12th.  Pretty much what they do on days like these is lite off annoying fireworks and drink.  I dont really know much about the Ecuadorian history.  

I really like the story of Ammon and King Lamoni too.  Oh that's very nice that they (Matt's primary class) drew pictures for me.  

I love you too!

Elder Eastman











No comments:

Post a Comment