A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, June 29, 2015

Three Upcoming Baptisms

Hello Father! 
I'm doing really good.  And feeling good too.  I dont think I get allergies very often.  Although sometimes the outside of my eye lids get all ichy and irritated and then i rub them a little, and then they get swollen.  Not super swollen but it's still super annoying.  It happened to me yesterday.  But they're better now.  I dont know if that has anything to do with allergies.  I havnt gotten any headaches for a while either.  If I had to go to the doctor I would call the mission nurse and then she would set up an apointment for me with a doctor.  Then i would just take a trip over to the hospital which would probably be in Quito.  
The spanish is going pretty good.  I might be a bit stalled too though.  It can be hard to always keep learning more and more.  Sometimes i feel good with the spanish that I have and dont really feel like putting in the effort to keep learning more advanced things.  But I just have to force myself to start up again.  Sometimes I think in spanish.  But most of the time I think in english.  90% of the time I cant remember my dreams.  And the few times that I do I think they are mostly in english.  But there is a few where I think I've dreamed in spanish.  
That is a pretty cool object lesson.  I might use that some time.  
You're right.  I think it is my turn to write a letter in spanish.  Writting letters is hard mostly because of the lack of time.  But I'll try and get one writen soon.  
I love you too!

Elder Eastman

Hello Mother!  
I'm glad you liked my pictures.  Yes that is my companion.  Well the train hardly ever comes by.  But I'll try to avoid going on them.  Ok, I'll try and get some pictures of those people.  
Well this past week was a pretty good week.  We have a few people that are pretty well set for baptism.  First there is a boy named Tarquino.  He is 18 years old.  His mom is already a member.  If everything keeps going well he should get baptised on the 11th.  We have already taught him just about everything.  He has been reading the Book of Mormon quite alot.  He's already past 2 Nephi.  
Then there is a girl named Katherine.  She is 19.  She is also doing very well with reading and understanding the lessons.  She will also get baptised on the 11th.  She was a reference from one of her friends that is a member.  
Then there is another girl named Joanna Paukar.  She is 10.  The rest of her family, except for a little sister, are members.  She has come to church many times already but her parents want her to be baptised on the 18th because of school things.  So she'll get baptised on the 18th.  
And that's all the people that are pretty well set for baptism right now.  
Yesterday night we (the district) had a little meeting thing with the Bishop of our ward.  First we made some french toast and then we talked with the bishop about what we can to do help him and the ward out.  It turned out really good and we were able to talk about a few of the things we can do to help the ward and specificaly the ward council.  I think we gained a bit more trust and confidence from the bishop.  So that was pretty awesome.  
Well that's just about it!  I hope everybody has wonderful weeks!

Elder Eastman

This is me and a sign that is in a park in the downtown part of my area


No comments:

Post a Comment