A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, June 22, 2015

Impromptu Talk

Hey Dad!  
I'm doing really good.  The new area is great too.  I think it's a bit easier to get around.  Most of my area is flat so walking isnt quite as hard.  A bit part of my area is the center of the city in Ambato.  It's a bit like downtown Boise.  There's always alot of people walking in the streets.  So we mostly do street contacting.  There is also alot of wealthy people in my area.  Which means alot of people dont really want anything to do with religion.  So that can be a bit tough.  But I know we can still find those people that are being prepared with the help of Heavenly Father.  This Sunday was the first time going to church here.  
That's super cool that you did Ragnar.  I think that Ragnar is alot like the mission.  Especially here.  Always tired, not a whole lot of sleep, not the best food, it's physicaly hard and mentaly hard, but there's always the really good moments and when it's done you're super glad that you did it.  Oh I'm sure you'll want to do it again some day.  
I love you too!
Elder Eastman


Hello Mother!
I'm doing super good.  The week was good too.  My area is pretty awesome.  It's right in the city and there is alot of cool things like stores and restaurants.  It's mostly nice and flat too.  There is alot of wealthy people here so that makes the work a bit harder but that's alright.  Yes my comp and I get along great.  I do have some pics.  Really, that's weird because it feels a bit warmer and less rainy here.  (I told him that my weather app showed that it's cooler and rainier in Ambato than Quito) But either way it feels very nice here.  I did have to ride a bus (to get to Ambato) but not by myself.  It was a nice, relaxing bus ride of about 4 hours.  
That's super cool that Caden got home this past week.  Can you send me some of those pics of him?  I would like to see them.  
This past Sunday I had to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting.  And i was told that i had to do it like 5 minutes before the meeting started.  Luckily it only had to be around 5 minutes long.  I talked about the enabling power of the Atonement.  Which has to do with the weaknesses that we have and being able to over come them and make them strengths through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  It went pretty well.  
No I havnt gotten that letter yet.  I'm sure i'll find a way to get it to her when i get it.  
Well here are some pics.  We played soccer in a park high up in the mountains today as a zone.

Elder Eastman

River in Ambato


Train tracks in Ambato


Zone on p-day


Elder Eastman with Ambato in background


No comments:

Post a Comment