A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, December 21, 2015

Luis' Baptism

Hello Mother!  Luis' baptism did happen.  It was a really good baptismal service.  He looked really happy before and after.  He asked me to baptise him so I got to do that.  Like I have said before, it has been really cool to be able to see the changes that have gone on in him.  After the baptism he asked me what he has to do to go on a mission.  He said he would like to go on one.  So that would be the coolest thing ever if he goes on a mission in a year or so.  On Sunday Luis and Joselyn got confirmed.  
We also have another investigator named Christian Velasco that could get baptised this Saturday.  Christian is 22 years old.  Lately it has been really hard to teach because he has never had much time because of work and school.   But if everything goes well he could get baptised this Saturday.  He has already been coming to church for a while now.  The challenge with him is that pretty much his whole life he has been studying with a different church that has a very different doctrine.  So now he's been a bit confused with the different doctrines.  But he really wants to learn and get baptised.  We just have to clear up a few things for him.  
So yeah we are going to Quito pretty soon.  The dinner with president is tomorrow so we'll be staying over night there until tomorrow.  
So around 5:30 our time (3:30 your time) is when I'll be calling.  Hopefully the computer that I'll have will work just fine.  
Well I cant wait to talk to you guys!  See you on friday!

Elder Eastman

Hey Dad!  I'm doing really good.  I feel good too. Yeah, I'm pretty much used to the heat now.  The baptism of Luis did happen.  It was a really nice baptismal service.  I got the opportunity to do the baptising.  After the baptism he said that he would like to go on a mission.  He asked me what he has to do to do that.  It would be super awesome if he goes on a mission in a year or so.  
Well sorry this email is short too.  We have to go to Quito soon.  I'm super excited to talk to you guys on friday!  So see you then!
I love you too!

Elder Eastman




No comments:

Post a Comment