A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, December 7, 2015

"It Works Wonderfully" and So Does Ant Spray

Hey Dad!  I'm doing really good.  I'm truely happy to be here and be able to work here as a missionary.  Elder Hall and I have been working hard.  I have really been able to see this week that I am happier when I know that I have been trying my best.  
I'm glad that you were able to have a good experience in church yesterday despite of all those challenges.  Here in La Concordia I also find myself getting a bit frustrated because the members arent always reverent during Sacrament Meeting.  Somtimes I feel like standing up and shouting at everyone to tell them to be quite.  But that probably wouldnt be the best thing to do.  I really really like the very first talk in this past general conference by President Uchtdorf called "It Works Wonderfully".  He asked us if the gospel is working for us and he told us the things we can do to simplify our discipleship.  When we focus on the basics of the gospel we will more easily be able to see the true beauty of the gospel and it will work better in our lives.  The two most important commandments that we have is to love God and to love the people around us.  Trying to just love everyone really helps us to be happier and enjoy every moment of our lives.  
Well during this time that I have been here on the mission I have really grown to love this Church.  It really is the work of the Lord and it is wonderfull.  Keep going strong dad! I love you!

Elder Eastman


Hello mother!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!!
Life has been pretty wonderful in La Concordia.  Still super duper hot and also a ton of rain, but I'm still enjoying it here.  Elder Hall is super great.  He already speaks really good spanish and he is an overall great missionary.  He's really fun to be with too.  On tuesday night we came into our house after a good day of rain and found a bit of a surprise inside.  There were literally thousands of giant ants on our walls and ceilings.  We werent going to allow those ants to crawl around us all night so we rushed over to the store and bought a few cans of ant killing spray.  Then we got back to the house, opened up the windows and doors and sprayed up all of those ants.  After the masacre was over we had a few big piles of dead ants around the house.  It was quite gross but now there are alot less ants coming into our house. 
We also had a coulple of good spiritual experiences this week.  Last night we had an f.h.e. with a recent convert family and our investigator Luis Bravo.  We watched the video about the story of John Taylor.  After a good conversation about the video and the gospel, Luis told us that he is really starting to feel that the things we are teaching him are true and that God really does exist.  It's really cool to see the change that goes on in people who open there hearts and let the Spirit come in.  
My shoes are in pretty rough condition.  The insoles of my J&M's are getting destroyed, the heel of my black ecco's are super worn down and are now letting water in, and the brown ecco's are still in really good condition.  So I might need to buy some new ones or just try and fix the sole and insole of those two pairs of shoes.  
I'll let you know what time we'll skype on Christmas day next monday. 
Well I gotta go now.  I love you mom and happy birthday again!

Elder Eastman




No comments:

Post a Comment