A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, November 30, 2015

A Baptism and A Bath

Hey mom!  Thanks a bunch for those recipes!  I'm sure she'll be able to cook them. 

Well actually all the baptisms fell except for one.  Jose F. was able to get baptised on saturday.  And I got to do the baptising!  It was a pretty interesting experience baptising Jose.  Mostly because he's 85 years old and cant walk very well.  When he first started leaning back into the water he kind of yelled out in pain from his back.  Then coming out of the water he had a bit of a hard time standing up and then he had to adjust his back a bit.  Then for some reason he decided that he wanted to get a bit more clean so he went back underwater and scrubbed his head.  But afterwards he looked really happy.  I guess it's never to late to start following Jesus Christ!  

Teaching this week was pretty good.  We had a pretty interesting lesson with our investigator Luis B.  I'm pretty sure I have told you guys about him.  Well Luis has had a bit of a hard time in just believing that God exists.  It's been one of his doubts for pretty much his whole life.  He believes a bit more in the Big Bang and stuff like that.  He also has the doubt about how it was possible that all of humanity could have come from just two people, Adam and Eve.  These are some questions that I really havnt had to deal with in my mission.  Most people here believe in God and Adam and Eve.  So it was pretty interesting trying to help someone with stuff like that.  There is a scripture that I really like that has to do with this.  It's Mosiah 4:9.  It's really not necesary to have answers to everything.  We just simply have to believe in God and that He knows everything and has a perfect plan for us, and then we will get the answers to everything someday after this life. 
 
Well today we had changes again.  And now I am no longer with Elder Caballero.  I am now with Elder Hall. Elder Hall is from Provo, Utah and has 3 months here in Ecuador.  His spanish is pretty good and I'm excited to be able to work with him here in La Concordia.  Elder Caballero went to Quito.  
Well that's it for now!  I love you mom!!

Elder Eastman

Ps, the christmas call is coming up soon so we need to start planning that out, like what time you guys can do it and all that. 


Hey dad!  I'm doing really well.  Well actually today we had changes and now I have an even newer companion.  I'm still here in La Concordia but now I'm with Elder Hall.  Being with Elder Cabllero was really good.  He doesnt really speak any english.  He is the only member of the church in his family and lives in a city on the coast of Colombia called Santa Marta.  I think he wants to study something like occupational health or something like that.  But now I am with Elder Hall.  He is from Provo, Utah and has 3 months here in Ecuador.  Elder Hall is pretty cool, and his spanish isnt to bad.  
Well I'm not to sure what I'm wanting to do after the mission.  And I really havent been thinking about it too much.  But I want to do something that has to do with health or medicine.  Just like you!  
I really like those verses.  And I like sharing them with other people too.  It's a really good example of a sincere repentance.  
I love you too!

Elder Eastman  



No comments:

Post a Comment