A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, November 9, 2015

A Great Moment Of Joy At Church

Hey dad!  Dont worry about it, it's all good.  I did enjoy the other emails you sent me, especially that scripture.  This week went by so fast it feels like last monday was just yesterday.  Sundays are normal days except for going to church. The rest is working like normal.  
I kinda miss the cold.  Not that I dont like being here in the coast but I think I like the cold more than the heat.  
I really like that idea of a funeral and sacrament meeting.  I think I might share that idea with the people here.  
Sometimes I get the thought that I'm not doing good enough as a missionary.  I think that is just satan trying to make me feel bad.  But I'm also always trying to know what I need to do better.  I'm also trying to develop a greater love for this work and being a missionary.  I think I need to focus on staying positive and asking God to help me develop more of this love.  
Well I love you too!

Elder Eastman


Hey Mom,  I am feeling a bit better today.  I've kinda just been feeling an overall gross feeling.  Some days are better than others, but I think I've been getting sick more often because of the lack of exercise.  Back at home I was in shape because of running and that helps your immune system work better.  I haven't  been doing very much exercising here, so I think my body is just overall not very healthy.  So now I have a goal of doing more exercises and doing them every day.  I might even go running a few days of the week if I can convince my companion to come with me.  
The mission will no longer reimburse stolen money.  I think it's because some missionaries have faked getting robbed just to get more money.  We havn't been able to find a new apartment yet.  There aren't very many houses here for rent.  And even less that are suitable for missionaries to live in.  So we are still looking.  
Wow that's a ton of sisters.  Yesterday the sacrament room was completely full and there were about 180 people there.  Good job for doing a good job being the relief society president!  
Yesterday I had a great moment of joy at church when I realized that 9 of our investigators came to church.  With just one investigator coming to church I feel very happy, but with nine it's even better.  I really do love being a missionary and helping people come to Christ.  Sometimes I think I'm not a good missionary or that I rather not be here, but I think that is just satan trying to get me to give up.  But I really do want to be a great/consecrated missionary.  Sometimes, well basically always, it's hard to keep trying your best.  But with that comparison to running a race I realized that that is just normal.  It's impossible to run a race without being tired during it, or without the thought of just slowing down.  But the successful runners are those who don't pay attention to those kinds of thoughts, they keep giving 100% no matter what happens.  I think I can apply that more to me in my life as a missionary. 
Yay for Emma making it in a play!  That's super duper cool.  
Today we had an awesome, ecuadorian coast jungle adventure.  A member here owns a bunch of land where he grows palm trees to get some type of fruit.  In that land there are a bunch of rivers and thick jungle.  So today we explored that a bit with him and even went fishing with just fishing line, a hook and a worm (I had no success).  I will include some pics.  
Well that's it for now! I love you mom!  And everyone else.  

Elder Eastman


This river is called the river "¿que racemes?"



No comments:

Post a Comment