A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, November 16, 2015

An Increase of Love

Hey Dad, thanks for those scriptures in Alma 31, I liked them alot and want to do what you said and pray for those same things that Alma prayed for.  Well this week was a pretty good week.  I felt good about the work and felt an increase of love for the work and for being a missionary.  I'm really glad to be here and be able to serve the Lord in this way.  
I love you too!

Elder Eastman


Hello mother of mine.  The fruit that that member grows is called cacao.  Well that's in spanish, im not sure how it is in english.  
Church yesterday was really good.  We had 6 investigators come to church again.  3 of which are progressing well and have a baptismal date for the 28th of this month.  First there is an old man named Jose Fajardo.  He's a bit old but is coming to church and wants to get baptised.  I guess it's never to late in ones life to start following the Savior Jesus Christ.  He also has family who are members.  There is also a lady named Carmen who is also a bit elderly.  Her daughter, Joselyn, is the third person progressing.  With Carmen it'll be a bit interesting baptising her becuase she has some type of a medical device attached to her chest that cant get wet.  I think its like a tube that connects to her blood stream because every week she has to have all of her blood replaced with new blood.  So we are thinking about covering this thing with some type of plastic so she can get baptised with out it getting wet.  
Good news!  Remember the Familia PasmiƱo from Manantial, Quito?  Well I learned recently that they finally got baptised!  I think they got baptised just a few weeks after I left.  So that makes me really happy.  
Mother, can you send me a few recipes of the food you always make?  Stuff like green chile enchiladas, navajo tacos, chile, stuff like that.  The member lady that gives us lunch every day wants to try and make some of the stuff that I used to eat.  Thanks!  
Love you mom!  Have a wonderful week!

Elder Eastman

We went to some waterfalls as a zone today.




No comments:

Post a Comment