A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, March 14, 2016

Diligence and Patience

Hello mom!
That's very cool that Jeremy is getting married soon.  Also super cool that Elder Espinoza is serving in the ward.  I'm pretty sure his dad spoke in the conference we had with Elder Holland. Durning his talk he talked about his son who is serving in Utah.  
Well this week was a bit tough.  We were able to find a few new investigators but not very many of them seem very promising.  I think we need to work on being more diligent.  The time that we have as missionaries is very precious.  And when we think about it we really dont have very much time at all.  There is alot of time that we have where we need to study, and then have lunch and also dinner, we also have meetings every once in a while, and church, and then pday.  So I want to get better at using wisely every second that I have to be able to work.  I need to really give it all that I have and use all my engery to help move this work forward.  I want to be like a race horse with blinders around his eyes so he can only focus on his goal and not on what's around him.  
Well I sure do love you mom! Sorry for the kind of sort email.  

Elder Eastman


Hey dad!
It is going really well right now.  We got to play some good soccer today for pday.  Some people say that I can play pretty well.  But I'm not so sure about that.  Maybe just being in a south american country gives you more soccer abilities.  I dont think I have ever gotten more sweaty than I did today.  For lunch today we went to Carl's Jr.  There's one here in Santo Domingo.  It's very delicious.  
Trials definitley can be tough.  But we always learn so much from them.  I love what it says in Mosiah 23:21.  Like you said, a lot of the times God give us trials just to prove our patience and our faith.  If we successfully get through a trial we will have grown so much more than we ever would have if we had never had the trial.  Well I havnt gone through many real trials through my life yet but I hope I can put all these things into practice when I do have them.  Alot of the times I just think about running races when it comes to going through trials in our lives.  Cause I have actualy been through tough races.  
That's super cool that you have an elder from Quito in the ward.  The name Espinoza sound really familiar.  Maybe I have met him before.  Is Elder Espinoza's english good?
Well I love you too!! Have a good week dad!

Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment