A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, March 21, 2016

More Patience

Hey dad!  I'm still doing good.  Thanks for the update about USU.  I hope everything goes well with that.  I am still leaning towards going to that school,  but I guess I will consider it a bit more when we get the news if I get in or not.  
That's a really nice experience that you got to have with that young man.  I hope everything works out well.  I think what you said is very true.  One of the best ways to help yourself overcome challenges is to help other people overcome theirs.  Keep working hard and helping a bunch of people!  
I have been trying really hard lately to be more patient.  It's hard sometimes to be patient with the people here and with my companion.  I have a strong desire to become like Jesus Christ but I feel sometimes like it's quite a ways off to reach that goal.  It's true that we have been going through a dry spot here.  Sometimes I wonder if there is something that I am doing wrong.  I have been praying alot to know what I need to do.  This work is definitely tough but I'm just going to keep doing all the right things that I know I need to do.  
I love you dad!

Elder Eastman

Hello mom!  Well I'm sad to say that I dont have very much time to write today.  We had a few hold ups today that made us late for writing.  So I'm really sorry if this email is a bit short.
Well this week has been a bit rough.  We didnt have any of our investigators in church on sunday.  And because of that, a baptism that we had planned for next saturday fell.  The person that had that baptism planned is named Susan Jumbo.  She wants to get baptised alot but she also has alot of opposition from her husband.  He really doesnt like the missionaries or the idea of changing her religion.  So we are trying to help them with that challange right now.  
(in answer to mom's question...) Sometimes I feel the Holy Ghost as just a feeling of love for the gosple and for the scriptures, or I just feel happy when I'm teaching someone about the gosple or Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon, ect.  Or sometimes its like a stong emotion that comes into my heart.  I love feeling the Spirit and pray that I can feel it more and more every day.  
Here we mostly do door contacting.  It helps us be able to get into a lesson with them right away.  And it's easier to know where they live becuase we knocked their door.  
Well mom I gotta go now!  I love you!

Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment