A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, March 7, 2016

Searching For The Prepared

Hey mom!  Haha thanks for that subject title.  Thanks for the letters too!  Sorry that I havent been very good about sending letters.  I'll try super hard to send one soon.  
Thanks for beeing such a good mom!  I definitley know that you are doing a wonderful job.  Here on the mission I often remember the things that you have taught me, or the things you said to me alot, like, "you can do hard things!"
We have a nice member lady here that makes us lunch tuesdays through saturdays.  We dont have anyone to give us dinner here.  But alot of the times families that we visit at night give us food.  
Two days ago on saturday an investigator of ours got baptised.  His name is Gaem Pierre Jumbo (a bit of a tough name).  He is a 12 year old boy.  The rest of his family has already gotten baptised.  I forgot my camera for the baptismal service so I dont have pictures right now.  Hopefully I can get one soon.  Right now we are really trying to find some new investigators that are able to progress.  There are a ton of people here that arent married and that dont have very many desires to get married.  I know that those prepared people are out there, we just have to keep working hard to find them.  
For P day today we went to La Concordia to have lunch with my old Pensionista (that's what we call the member ladies who give us lunch or dinner).  There name is the Familia Sanchez.  I'm sure you have heard about them a bit.  They are super super nice people.  
Well I sure do love you mom! Have a great week!

Elder Eastman




Hey dad, things are going really well here.  Yeah, for area we say sector.  In spanish it's sector and since that's an english word as well we just always say sector.  Alot of the times when english speaking missionaries are speaking english to other english speaking missionaries here we use spanish words as if they were just normal english words.  And those words become normal words in our vocabulary no matter what language we are speaking.  It's kinda funny how that happens.  
My companion and I are doing really good.  Sometimes we think a bit differently than the other or about how to do something but we have still been getting along really well.  I think I could get better at something mom told me to do when I got set apart as a missoinary.  Which is to do something nice for my companion every week.  I'm going to really focus on doing that alot now.  
I really liked those ideas of solutions for common problems in the church.  Especialy the difference between resisting tempation and running away from it.  Running away is better because when we just resist it, the tempation is still with us, but we can completly get rid of it by running away from it.  
Well thanks for the email dad!  I love you too!

Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment