A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, April 4, 2016

A Temple In Quito!

Hey mom!

The members here went crazy when the Quito Temple was anounced.  There was a small time of slight irreverence in the chaple by all the cheers and clapping.  But maybe a temple in your home city can be one of the few excuses to do that.  I definitely want to come back one day when that temple his here.  
I really loved conference too and I cant wait to get to study those talks more.  A year ago I was also here in this stake for general conference ( i was in the manantial ward).  Saturday and Sunday was super cool becuase I got to talk to a bunch of the members that I got to know in that ward.  Surpisingly pretty much all of them that I remembered also remembered me.  Alot of them came up to me to say hi and ask me how the mission has been going for me.  It was really really cool to meet those good people again.  One of them told me that the Familia Pazmiño (Alexandra and Joanna) havnt been coming to church very much lately.  He told me that they got a bit offended by something that happend to them in the church and now they dont want to go anymore.  That made me a bit sad.  I told him to go back to them and help them get on the right path again.  
Here we have a family of investigators that are progressing really well.  Their name is the Familia Idrovo.  Its a husband and a wife with two little kids.  They came to the sunday afternoon session of conference.
So I really like this sector here.  My companion is great too.  I have had a bit of a cold for the past few days.  But it's getting better now.  
Still havent gotten any mail yet.  
Well that's it for this week!  I love you mom! Have a great week!

Elder Eastman

Hey dad!
Yeah it's pretty sweet that there will be a temple here in Quito.  It has been a bit of a rummor for a little while before the conference, but when it was actually announced everybody went crazy. Maybe someday in the future I will be able to come back and go to the Quito Temple.  
I also really loved this conference.  I'm excited to be able to study and listent to them more.  Us gringos here watched the conference in english in the secretary's office.  So that was pretty nice.  A year ago I was also here in this stake for general conference.  
Our apartment here is pretty good.  It's super small though.  But I like it.  I'll take pictures of it this week to send to you guys.  
Well I havent been eating much bread lately from the panaderías.  But there are definitely some good ones around here.  
I love you a bunch too dad! You definitely have been a great father for me!

Elder Eastman 

Im going to fix these shoes soon  (insert from mom...I don't think they are fixable!)



Elder Paíz and Elder Eastman in Turubamba


No comments:

Post a Comment