A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, May 9, 2016

Day After Mother's Day Skype

Hey mom (and dad)!  Well it sure was super fun to be able to talk to you guys yesterday.  I relized too that we didnt take a picture together.  But it's all good.  
The thing that I love most about the ecuadorian people is that they arent too worried about having the best and nicest thing.  Like what we talked a bit about yesterday.  Alot of people dont have very much money and might not have the best house or the best car or phone.  But they are always happy and grateful for what they do have.  Which is something I think I could get better at during the rest of my life.  
So the baptism of Joel (he is the son) was going to happen on saturday.  But then on the thursday before that we were reminded of the rule that we have that people who are less than 18 years old and who's parent arent members need to have at least 6 church attendences in order to be baptised.  So we didnt know about that rule before and thought that he just needed 3, like normal.  But I guess we forgot about that rule or maybe its a new rule.  But now Joel needs two more weeks to be baptised.  He came to church yesterday so now just needs one more to be baptised.  Now he should be getting baptised on the 21st.  He seemed a bit sad when we told him that, but he's still all good with all the desires in the world to be baptised. 
This week we found a new investigator named Srykandi (her name is really weird because her dad is from some other middle eastern county).  She is about 16 years old.  Her grandma is already a member, which is how we found her.  We only got to visit her one time this week so there isnt a whole lot to say about her.  
My new companion's name is Elder Choque.  He is from Peru and has about 8 months in the mission.  He was already in this zone the transfer before this one.  So I already knew him a bit.  He's a really cool guy and an awesome missionary.  Im really excited to be able to work with him this change.  He might be my very last companion too, if we stay together for two changes.  
Well thank you for all the love and support you give to me!  I love you very much!
Elder Eastman

Ps.  I just got an information sheet from the mission office that I have to fill out quickly.  It has to do with my going home information.  I dont know all the info so I'll have to ask you some stuff.  
I need to know the home phone number, including the country code, area code, and the rest of the number.  
I also need the name of our ward and stake
and the airport name and location that will be my final destination
Thanks!

​ 
Los niños Cayambe



The Familia Cayambe, the family that lives above us


The Familia Idrovo


No comments:

Post a Comment