A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, May 30, 2016

Missionary Small Talk, Ambato Zapatos, and Yummy Patacones

Hey mother!  That's super cool that you got to go on a nice hike and that Emma is going to start XC this week.  I kinda miss being in XC.  It taught me so many good things that have helped me alot on the mission.  Hopefully I'll be able to get back into good running shape when I get back.  I havnt ran in super long time.  
Martha is doing super good.  And so is her mom whos name is Mery.  Mery lives with Martha and the children of Martha.  Martha just has two sons.  Joel and another one named Jean Carlos, he is 6 years old.  Martha and Mery have showed that they really do want to get baptised to be able to recieve the blessings that will come.  So we have decided on the goal to get baptised on the 11th of June.  They are both excited for that and are well prepared.  We recently taught the Word of Wisdom again. Martha is all good with that commandment, but Mery has a problem with coffee (she is from Colombia and coffee is huge in that country).  But she commited to stop drinking it.  
Joel had an interview for the priesthood this week and then received the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday.  He is really happy about it and excited to start helping pass the sacrement.  
Contacting has been going pretty well.  I have been trying to put that into practice lately. And it has gone well.  It's not very hard to talk to people because of the language, it's mostly because it can be a bit awkward sometimes and hard to know what to talk about.  We just have to find some type of clue in what they're doing or wearing or something like that to be able to know what to talk about.  And if we do it with a willing heart God will help us know what we need to say.  
Today 3 other elders and I (those who are about to finish the mission) got to go down to Ambato to buy some shoes.  There is a member there who hand makes some super cool shoes and they are really popular here in our mission.  When I was serving in Ambato I bought a pair (the gray shoes I was wearing in the baptism pics with Joel).  They only cost $35 a pair, and today I ordered two more pairs.  It was really fun to be able to visit Ambato again.  It's one of my favorite cities that I've been to here in Ecuador.  
Well I sure do love you mom! Have a good week!
Elder Eastman


Hey dad!  Thanks for sharing that experience.  I think that's really cool.  I also know that God loves us and will help us do the things that he asks of us.  I know that you will be able to receive revelations for your ward when ever you need it.  My testimony of these things has grown alot here on the mission.  I have been able to relize that revelation really does come, and alot of the times we dont even know that we are being guided by the Spirit until some result has come out of it.  We just have to be worthy of it, ask for it and God will give it to us according to our faith.  
Well keep doing great in this new calling the Lord has given you!  I love you too!
Elder Eastman


Me and my companion made these.  They're called patacones.  They're made from a banana like thing that's called verde here.  It's like a big green banana but the inside is harder and dryer.  They are amazingly delicious and pretty much my favorite thing to eat here.


No comments:

Post a Comment