A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, June 6, 2016

Happy To Work

Hi mom!  Today has been a good day.  We went to the mission offices today and bought the Book of Mormon on cd to give to Mery, because she doesnt know how to read.  While in downtown Quito we went to a market place that sells a bunch of cool stuff and I bought a cool sweater and a little keychain trinket thing.  
I'm feeling good and healthy.
Yep I think the green plaintains are the same thing that you use to make patacones.  I'll buy some more and take a picture of it to send to you.  
No Joel didnt get to pass the sacrament this sunday because he got to church right after the sacrament part finished.  Martha and Mery had their interviews this sunday and they both passed.  So this saturday at 3 pm should be their baptism.  They have been doing very well and are really excited for their baptism.  The only bummer is that we dont have any other investigators right now that are progressing.  But I have faith that we will either find new investigators that will progress or some of the investigators that we have right now will start progressing more, or maybe even both of those options will happen.  
Well my time is up for writing.  Sorry this letter is a bit short.  Next week I will try and share a bit more. 
I love you mom!
Elder Eastman

Hey dad!  Things are going really well here.  I still havnt gotten my travel plans here.  And mom didnt tell me what they are.  But I would kinda like to know what they are.  I'm not really feeling nervous or worried about it.  I'm probably worried the most about having to speak english to everyone again, because I think I have forgoten how to say a few things in the normal way.  I think it'll take some time to get used to it all again.  I also think that I'm just generaly excited to get back to my native country.  I love Ecuador a bunch but it's kind of exciting to get to see the Utah mountains again or the streets and houses and grass and all that stuff.  
I'm also happy to still be able to work for a few more weeks.  I really want to work harder than ever now.  It's been hard lately and there has been alot of temptations to stop working diligently.  But I'm trying to ignore those things and just get out and work.  
Well I sure do love you a bunch!
Elder Eastman

Reply from dad:
Aug 2 is your day. Long trip. Quito to Miami. Miami to Dallas. Dallas to home. Getting at about 8:00 pm. Crazy. 

Replay from Josh:
Wow!! thanks dad!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment