A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, May 23, 2016

Joel's Baptism and TelefériQo Pics

Hey dad!  Wow that's quite the news and I think that is super cool that you have received that calling!  That's also a very drastic change of people to work with.  Noisy children to a whole congregation full of young adults which will probably include a bunch of return missionaries.  So I imagine it will be alot quieter.  
I remember hearing somebody say in general conference that "God qualifies those he calls" I think President Eyring said that.  So I also know that this call comes from God and that you will be able to to do everything that God would want you to do.  
So what ward will I go to when I get back?  
Well I'm super happy for you dad!  And I hope you really enjoy this new calling.  Thanks for being such a good example for me and teaching me so many good things. 
I love you too!
Elder Eastman


Hey mom!  Yep that sure is a pretty crazy calling!  But I think it's super cool and that dad will do a wonderful job.  The work has been going pretty well.  Our investigator named Joel got baptised on saturday.  It was a nice baptismal service and then on sunday I got the wonderful opportunity to do the confirmation.  We are going to keep working with his mom, Martha, so that she can get baptised too.  She has told us that she really wants to get baptised to be able to recieve the blessings from God like the gift of the Holy Ghost.  She is no longer living with her husband (they were never married in the first place) so now there is nothing that impeads her from getting baptised.  We recently invited her to ask God what she should do and when she should get baptised.  Soon we will find out how she is feeling about it.  On wednesday we had a zone conference.  It was a really nice conference and I learned alot.  President Christensen helped us learn a bit about how to find new investigators, which was really needed.  I learned that I could probably get better at being more natural and normal when talking to people in the street.  Sometimes I just hit them with wanting to teach them right off the bat, but sometimes it's good to just start out with a simple conversation so that they can see that we are just normal people and not aliens who just want to talk to them.  
One of my favorite scriptures has been D&C 58: 2-4 (5,6 and 7 are also really good)
Well mom, thanks for everthing that you have done for me!  You sure have helped me alot! And I love you!
Elder Eastman


















No comments:

Post a Comment