A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, May 16, 2016

Dedication to the Work

Hey dad, i'm doing really good today.   
Our investigators are doing a bit better.  This sunday only the f. Segura Chimba came to church.  But we were able to find a new family of investigators yesterday named the f. Chicaisa.  We were also able to visit a few more investigators that we havnt been able to visit for a while, like the f. Gomez.  So I would say that things are getting a bit better with the investigators.  
I also feel good and motivated to keep working hard everyday.  It has been a bit harder lately because I dont have much more time left to be here, but pretty much every time a thought about after the mission things comes into my head another thought comes into my head that comes from my mission call that says something like I "need to dedicate all thoughts and actions to the work".  So that is what I have been trying to do lately.  And I have felt really good while doing it.  
Well I love you too!
Elder Eastman


Hello mom!  Yep I got that info last week.  Thanks!
We werent able to visit Srykandi this week because we werent able to find her in her house.  Hopefully this week we will be able to do it.  The f. Segura Chimba came to church again on sunday and Joel will be getting baptised this saturday.  We were able to visit the f. Gomez again this week and they still seem very interested and they want to come to church.  This sunday they werent able to but next sunday they should be coming.  We were also able to find a new family of investigators yesterday named the f. Chicaisa.  It's a family of 5 but 2 of them are still small children.  The moms name is Erica and the dads name is Ricardo.  Erica said that she has been searching lately for a church to go to with her children and that she wants to come see how this church is this next sunday.  Ricardo is Catholic by tradition and doesnt seem super interested right now.  But I think that he could change a bit in the future.  So hopefuly things go super well with the f. Chicaisa! 
Elder Choque is really great! We have been getting along very well.  He is very obedient and likes to work diligently.  I have also been able to see that he really loves the people here, especially the people that he has worked with and those he is working with now.  
Well thanks for the help with all the schooling stuff.  Im not super sure if I still want to be a physical therapist.  Well I dont really have any idea of what I specificaly want to be.  I'll have to investigate more after the mission.  
For P-day we went to a place called the telefériqo.  I went to it along time ago at the beginning of the mission.  Its the gondola thing that takes you up a tall mountain.  This time we hiked up a trail to an even higher part of the mountain.  It was super awesome but now im really tired.  I'll send some pics.
Well that's it for now!  I love you mom!
Well this computer isnt accepting my memory card right now.  So Ill have to send the pics next week.  Sorry :(
Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment