A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, July 11, 2016

An Earth-Shaking Lesson

Hey mom!  I'm doing super well.  Nope, I havent received any type of letter.  That's really awesome that your talk went well.  I'm not a huge fan of speaking in front of people but I have had to get used to it in this time that I have had on the mission.  Now I feel alot better about it.  
Well the Ponquebas kind of all left now.  One went back to Venezuela and another moved to the north part of Quito.  So we're not going to be able to teach them anymore.  But there still are a few more families that we have been able to get to know that live in that same house and who are neighbors.  Yesterday after church we were able to teach a family that are friends of the Ponquebas.  They havent been able to come to church yet but they are really interested in learning more.  Their name is the Familia Paladines.  Fun story about that lesson with them last night... So we went over with them lesson one again (the resoration).  The lesson was going super well and was just about to start talking about baptism so that we could invite them to baptism.  We had just finished commiting them to pray about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.  Right in that moment a nice earthquake happened.  Similar to the one that happened a few months ago.  Except this time we were on the 6th floor of an apartment complex.  Being up that high makes the earthquake feel alot stronger.  So we were forced to finish the lesson a bit early and go outside.  It was around 9:00pm so we decided to just go home.  As we were walking outside to our house another earthquake happened.  We were right next to this big apartement complex when the second one happened and we could hear the building moving and squeeking.  It was pretty crazy.  
We also got to teach Michel again this week.  She's doing super awesome and has a baptismal date for the 30th.  She wasnt able to come to church this sunday but next sunday she promised to go.  
Well I sure do love you too mom!  Have a great week!
Elder Eastman


Hey dad!  I'm really good! That sounds like you've got a pretty sweet job!  I still dont know exactly what I want to do.  Well I havent really been able to think about it very much.  But I think doing something like you do would be pretty awesome.  It sounds pretty interesting.  Or maybe being a physical therapist would be cool too.  I dont know.  I just dont really know exactly what is included in all the jobs I could have.  Or even what jobs there actualy are.  Maybe it would be good to do a bit of research on all the medical jobs there are when I get back.  
I really like how your calling and your job are pretty much exactly the same.  Just one is helping people with physical problems and the other is helping people with their spiritual problems.  I think that is super cool.  
Well I sure do love you too!
Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment