A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, July 4, 2016

Engaged In the Work on the 4th of July

Hey dad!  It sure does make me happy to know that you are enjoying your new calling and working super hard!  I'm so grateful that you are my dad.  
Sounds like a pretty fun 4th of July!  I remember just about exactly what I did for the past two 4th of July's.  Two years ago I was in South Jordan and I'm pretty sure I had to work, then I got home and you guys werent there.  I remember listening to all the fireworks that were going on out side.  It sounded like I was in a war with a bunch of bombs going off.  Last 4th of July I was in the city of Latacunga (part of the Ambato zone) contacting a bunch of people with a guy named Elder Hall (not my old companion) to help the missionaries there find new investigators.  I remember thinking, what will I be doing next 4th of July?  Now I'll ask that question again.  What will I be doing for the 4th of July of 2017?
Well I love you tons too!
Elder Eastman

Hey mom!  That's a bummer that dad got sick last night.  But I hope that you all are able to have a super fun day today.  Teaching this week was pretty good.  We were able to do a bit more this week than we were last week.  The lesson on wednesday didnt happen, but it did happen on friday.  Her name is Michel Asimbaya.  We werent able to teach her family.  We taught her in the house of her friend.  A little bit about Michel, she is 20 years old,  catholic but not active,  she had a time in her life were she didnt really believe much in God, but now she does.  She came in contact with the church when she saw her friends Book of Mormon, picked it up and started reading.  She has already read a few chapters so far.  Then last sunday she came to church with her friend (she wasnt able to come this sunday).  On friday we taught her about the restoration but we werent able to finish all the lesson because she had a bunch of questions.  Right now she doesnt want us to teach her family because her mom and brother are atheists, and her dad is catholic and doesnt like listening to other religions.  But hopefuly some day in the future the missionaries can visit them as well.  
This week we were also able to find a new family of investigators whose name is the Familia Ponqueba.  We were also able to teach some of their neighbors who were in the lesson.  The Familia Ponqueba is from Venezuela.  They moved here about a month ago because of the bad situation that is going on in Venezuela.  I wasnt actually able to teach them because that day I was on divisions or splits with some other elders in my district.  But my companion told me that they are really interested and want to learn more.  They werent able to come to church this sunday but I'm sure they will next sunday.  
This week we werent able to find the F. Chicaisa either.  I kinda feel now that they dont really want to listen to us anymore.  But I think we will keep trying to visit them a few more times. 
Some of the lessons that we taught this week include: tempations and how to avoid them (to a less active family named the F. Naranjo), the restoration (to a diferent less active family to help them get a testimony again), and opposition in our lives (to an active member who is going through hard times right now).  
Well I sure do love you mom!  I hope you have a great week!
Elder Eastman 

Today we went bowling, sorry this pic is a bit blurry.




No comments:

Post a Comment