A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, July 18, 2016

Still Working Diligently

Hey dad!  I'm doing super good.  But a bit tired.  We just got done playing soccer and dodgeball.  I made one goal playing soccer.  I think I have been able to get alot better at it over these years.  But I wish we would be able to play more.  We are only allowed to play it maybe once a month for a P-day activity.  We are only allowed to do 2 p-day activities every transfer.  So today was my last p-day activity on the mission because it was the second one this transfer.  Next p-day is my birthday, so hopefully it will be a good p-day.  I think we are just going to cook some food in our house. 
Thanks for the advise about my studying decisions.  I know i'll eventualy be able to decide what it is that I want to do.  I guess I'm a bit nervous about having to study again after the mission.  I think I don't remember anything that I learned in high school.  Especially math.  Hopefully I'll be able to remember alot of the things that I have learned.  I also hope that I dont get lazy and not want to study like some times I did in high school.  Because I know that it'll be super important to stay focused on studying during college.  But I know that it'll all work out alright with the help from Heavenly Father. 
I sure do love you too!
Elder Eastman  

Hello mom!  The work this week was pretty good!  Michel came to church again this sunday, so her baptismal date for july 30th is still good!  We have another lesson with her today at 6:30.  We havnt been able to visit the Paladines family again this week.  Hopefully we can soon.  We also found a new investigator this week named Roger Zapata, he's 19 years old.  We found him knocking doors but he has already listened to the missionaries alot about 3 years ago.  He has even come to church a few times.  He seemed really interested to listen to us again.  He said he felt something special when he saw us knocking on his door, like God is calling him again.  I hope that he will be able to progress well.  He is a bit scared of being baptised because the rest of his family is catholic and he would be the first one to change.  But hopefuly he will choose to do the right things and be a good example for his family.  
I will try hard these last weeks to take more pictures and do good at writing in my journal.  
Well I cant wait to see you guys soon!  I'm also trying super hard to keep working diligently.  I think next monday will be the very last time that you will be able to email me.  Because the monday after that I will be in a class all day learning about how to live a good life after the mission.  The day after that I will be able to talk to you all in person :)
I love you too mom!
Elder Eastman

No comments:

Post a Comment