A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

A Record of Elder Eastman's Missionary Service in the Quito Ecuador Mission

Monday, July 25, 2016

Last P-Day Email and Happy Birthday Elder Eastman!

Hey mom!  It sure is crazy that this is the last time that I will be able to email you as a missionary!  These past two years I have had some really incredible experiences.  It's a bit sad that they are coming to an end.  But I am also really excited to be able to see you guys again.  
Unfortunately the baptism of Michel wont be able to happen this saturday.  Her parents, who are not supporting her very much in her decision to be baptised or follow any type of church, didnt let her come to church yesterday.  Michel is 20 years old so she doesnt need the permission of her parents to get baptised.  But she still respects and loves her parents.  So that is why she wasnt able to come to church.  She needs to come to church one more time and have her baptismal interview to be able to be baptised.  So it's a bit sad that I wont be able to see her baptism.  But I know that she will do it soon.  And that's really all that matters.  Being able to count it as "my baptism" doesnt really matter, because it really isnt "my baptism" at all.  So I'll be super happy if she is just able to be baptised some day in the future.  
Roger is also doing alright but wasnt able to come to church yesterday either.   We visited him last night and talked about the Book of Mormon and how to gain a testimony.  He hasnt been able to read the Book of Mormon for a long time but commited to reading and praying about it.  
Well thanks for the extra money! I dont think I really need it, because I already bought all things that I want to bring home from Ecuador, but thanks anyways!  I took it all out today.  
I'll definitely do my absolute best this last week.  I'll miss Ecuador a bunch, but I'm also excited to be able to see you guys again.  
I sure do love you mom!
Elder Eastman



Hey dad!  It sure is crazy that these two years are about to come to an end.   I remember thinking before coming on the mission how long two years seems like.  But they have been the fastest two years of my life.  I am so glad that I have been able to be here in Ecuador to serve the Lord.  I have learned so much and grown alot too.  Well I havnt grown very much physicaly (I still weigh about exactly the same as I did before the mission), but I have grown alot spiritually.  Thank you so much for all the love and support that you have given me during all this time.  I couldnt ask for a better dad! 
This last week will be a pretty normal week.  Trying to visit people, talking to people in the street and all that good stuff.  Tuesday and Wednesday will be completely normal days. Thursday will be my last district meeting.  On friday my companion and I will be going on splits with the zone leaders.  Saturday we will get to see a few baptisms, unfortunatly our investigator wont be getting baptised because her parents didnt let her come to church yesterday.  Sunday I will go to sacrament meeting, then I'll have to leave and go to the mission offices. Monday I will be in class all day, learning about how to be a good normal citizen and church member. On Tuesday I'll get on the airplane at 7am (ecuador time), then I'll see you guys at 8:30pm.  And I think that's just about it!
I sure do love you too and I cant wait to see you soon!
Elder Eastman

Us and a less active guy named Eddy Zambrano.  He is comming to church again now.



We had interviews with our president this past week in our house.



Eating food today in the mall.






No comments:

Post a Comment